Wound Healing Center
Much of the success of your treatment depends on you. We'll count on you to follow directions carefully and watch your progress closely. You'll learn about caring for your wound at home, including how to change dressings and how to protect yourself from further injuries. We're here to answer questions and give you the support you need to heal.
How to Start Healing:
- The physician presently treating your wound can refer you to the Conway Regional Wound Healing Center, or you can make your appointment directly.
- When you call for your first appointment, we'll ask you a few questions about your wound and health in general.
- Before beginning treatment, our team of doctors, nurses, and therapists will thoroughly evaluate your wound and review your health and medical history.
- Tests might be conducted to tell us more about your blood flow and tissue oxygenation as well as to determine if there is any infection present.
- Together, with your physician, we'll develop a treatment program based on our assessment of your special needs. Your program will likely involve regular visits to the Wound Center. Your progress is meticulously documented and adjustments are made as necessary.
- We are in constant communication with your doctor throughout your care. Once your wound is healed, you'll return to your doctor for follow-up care. Of course, you'll continue with your personal doctor for any related health conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure.
What to Bring to Your First Appointment:
- A list of any medications you're currently taking as well as a list of any known allergies
- Medical records including x-rays if you have them
- Insurance forms or cards