The Conway Regional occupational therapist's are licensed staff that focus on improving function, independence, and pain in the upper extremities. Using the latest techniques and equipment, our team provides one-on-one care that focuses on clearly educating patients on not only how they can improve their current condition, but also how to maintain it.
Our occupational therapists treat a variety of injuries and conditions including:
- Upper-extremity injuries
- Neurological conditions, such as a stroke or Parkinson's disease
- Hand pain
- Elbow pain
- Shoulder pain
- Rotator cuff repairs
- Sport injuries to upper extremities (elbow, hand, shoulder, etc.)
Conway Regional's occupational therapy services include:
- Customized intervention to improve ability to perform daily activities and improve independence
- Upper-extremity (hand, elbow, shoulder) strengthening, flexibility training, and improved range-of-motion
- Custom splint fabrication
- Parkinson's disease treatment by a LSVT Certified occupational therapist
Following a thorough evaluation, the therapist and patient will develop a plan of care that will work on attaining their physical goals through exercise, activities, use of modalities, hands-on intervention, and adaptive equipment, if applicable. This enables the patients to achieve their highest level of function while simultaneously decreasing pain in self-care, work, and leisure activities.
Conway Regional occupational therapists provide care at three of our Conway Regional Therapy Center outpatient clinics, Conway Regional Rehabilitation Hospital, Conway Regional HomeCare, and Conway Regional Medical Center.