Procedures & Treatment
Your physician has recommended Conway Regional because we offer the technology and expertise for the procedure you need. You'll find our staff attentive and skilled and our patient rooms spacious and comfortable.
We understand that being admitted to the hospital can be a confusing time. To help you prepare for your visit to Conway Regional, we would like to offer a few tips for before your surgery, day of surgery and returning home.
Before Your Surgery
Prior to your surgery, our admitting nurse will make every attempt to contact you and collect information that will help your doctor choose the best and safest treatment. All the information becomes part of your medical record and is strictly confidential.
- Pre-admission testing may have been ordered. We suggest that you visit our Outpatient Department between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm prior to surgery to complete your tests.
- Please bathe, shower, wash your hair, and shave prior to surgery.
- Do not wear makeup, jewelry, nail polish or other cosmetics the day of surgery.
- Wear flat heeled shoes and loose comfortable clothing.
- Do not eat, drink, chew gum, or smoke after midnight the day of your surgery. If you do, it may be necessary to cancel your procedure.
- Please follow the instructions your doctor has given you concerning your routine medicines.
- Please bring all current medications you are presently taking and a list of any drug allergies.
- Arrange for another adult to drive you home after your release.
- Bring any required information and insurance forms with you when you are admitted. (Instructions for specific laboratory, radiology, non-invasive cardiology, and respiratory testing are available in the Services section of this website.)
Day of Surgery
On the day of your surgery, please arrive two hours before your surgery is scheduled to allow for time to check in and complete pre-operative procedures. The outpatient department and patient admission desks are most conveniently reached through the Western Street entrance to the Medical Center.
Additional tips for day of surgery:
- Leave money, jewelry, and other valuables at home. We cannot be responsible if they are lost or stolen.
- Try to limit the number of people accompanying you to two - visitor space is often limited.
- Please ask your visitors to stay in the designated waiting area to receive results from your physician. If they must leave, ask them to sign our visitors' book and to inform the waiting room attendant how they may be reached.
- You may bring a book or magazine to help you stay relaxed.
- A favorite blanket or toy is encouraged for children.
After your surgery, your recovery will be closely monitored by your nurse and anesthesiologist. Your surgeon will determine whether you are discharged from recovery or admitted to a patient room. Your doctor will provide specific home care instructions after surgery to take with you. Please arrange for someone to stay with you at least 24 hours following surgery. Please wait 24 hours after surgery to sign important papers, make important decisions or drive since your anesthesia may still be effective. Do not take medications (unless instructed by your doctor) or drink alcoholic beverages during the first 24 hours after your surgery.
A Conway Regional Medical Center nurse may call you at home to check on your recovery progress. If you are concerned about your recovery or you sense that there may be a problem, please contact your physician.