Senior Behavioral Care
Senior behavioral health care is an inpatient service designed for individuals ages 65 and older who need short-term (10 to 14 days) mental health care. We assess each patient to determine an individualized treatment plan, schedule daily therapeutic activities, and prepare for a smooth transition home or an appropriate long-term care facility.
Initial assessments are free and include pre-admission telephone screening. All patients are admitted by a psychiatrist with a primary care physician or a hospitalist consulting for any chronic medical conditions.
Our individual and group therapy programs involve counseling, music, art, occupational, pets, plants, spiritual, relaxation and recreation. If requested, primary care physicians will receive patient progress reports regularly.
- Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia
- Major depressive disorders
- Bipolar disorders
- Other psychiatric illnesses
Senior behavioral care covers all the needs of our patients with a comprehensive healthcare approach.
Our Staff Includes:
- Primary care physicians
- Consulting psychologists
- Licensed therapists
- Certified activity therapist
- Case manager
- Around-the-clock, professional nursing care
Conway Regional senior behavioral care services are covered under Medicare and most major supplemental health insurance companies.
Senior behavioral care has very specific guidelines. All visitors are asked to observe the following:
- No glass containers are permitted on the nursing unit or in patient rooms
- Avoid bringing irreplaceable family memorabilia to your loved one's room
- Flowers can be brought as gifts but only in plastic containers
- Any food or drink items must be cleared by the charge nurse at the nurses' station