Conway Regional Health Foundation Awards Scholarships
Conway Regional Health Foundation Scholarships are intended to aid students actively pursuing, on a full-time basis, education, and training in health-related career fields.
The Conway Regional Health Foundation has awarded $45,500 in scholarships to 23 area students.
Conway Regional Health Foundation Scholarships are intended to aid students actively pursuing, on a full-time basis, education, and training in health-related career fields. The scholarships, in the form of grants, are awarded each year to students working toward a degree or certificate from an accredited institution.
The Conway Regional Health Foundation was initially established through a scholarship when Dr. James Garrison retired in the late ’90s. At that time, the Medical Staff joined to establish a scholarship in his name. Today, many contribute to different scholarship funds through events, employee giving, and community support.
“These young people will become the healthcare providers who ensure that we have high-quality healthcare in the years to come,” said Matt Troup, president and CEO of Conway Regional Health System. “In turn, it is because of generous community donors that these scholarships are made possible. Although the Foundation and its support of the health system has grown significantly, scholarships remain core to the mission. It is an honor to support these students and our community.”
Maegan Dyson, chief development officer for Conway Regional, explained the Foundation’s role. “The Foundation exists to support the health system and the community we serve, not just today, but in the future. Part of that commitment is our investment in these future healthcare workers,” said Dyson. “We are hopeful that our scholarships can help ease the burden of student debt while also supporting our employees, their children, and others that will serve our community one day.
Students being awarded scholarships include:
- Medical Staff Scholarships – Kameron King and Haley Schluterman
- Dr. Bill & Betty Roberts Medical Staff Scholarship – Garrett McKamie
- Dr. William Furlow Medical Staff Scholarship – Brady Decker
- Janice & John Robbins Endowed Scholarship – Baker Kendrick
- James S. Garrison, MD, Endowed Scholarships – Hope Hartle, Alexis McClaren, Shane Willbanks, and Diego Rubio
- Conway Regional Health Foundation Scholarships – Kathryn Opris, Ja'Naya Hogan, Tekerra Mayweather, Jaden Gipson, Andrew Griffin, Will Brock, and Kinley Keith
- Conway Regional Health Foundation Nursing Scholarships – Jackson Wiedower, Kimberly Ezell, Kathryn (Katie Beth) Coleman, Addison Jordan, and Nicolas Alexis
- Eleanor Duncan Nursing Endowed Scholarship – Felicia Allen
- Michael Wood, MD, Endowed Scholarship – Tracy Clifft
About Conway Regional Health Foundation
The Conway Regional Health Foundation was established in 1996 to provide financial support to Conway Regional to aid the health system in carrying out its mission of providing excellent health care for the Central Arkansas area. As a non-profit hospital, all revenues are invested back into Conway Regional. Donations to the Foundation enable us to further enhance the health care services we provide through facility improvements, equipment purchases, and community health education. Conway Regional provides comprehensive, compassionate care during every stage of life's journey.